Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm back and The Duggars are on my nerves

I HAVE A COMPUTER!!!! Yes folks you read that right. I have my own computer now. Hence the serious lack of blogging lately. I surrendered the old one to "the ex" and I ordered myself a shiny new one. With my own money I might add. Yes that's right, I AM damn proud! Only its not so shiny... its PINK! So I should be back to blogging now. Now that I can store everything and not worry about SOMEONE leaking all my effin info!

So let me get started on a topic that Ashley and I are currently discussing- The Duggars. I know you've heard of them, the family with 17- soon to be 18- kids. I'm gonna throw my opinion out there right now. I don't like them. I think they are selfish. The doctors have suggested, no wait TOLD her not to have anymore kids. She can't hardly find a doctor who will deliver her anymore. Yet they keep going. Why? Is there a reason she's going? No. They just "leave it to God." I'm sorry but I am pretty sure God doesn't want one woman to have a million kids. That's just stupidity. Is it worth putting yourself and your unborn child in danger? No it really isn't. I want a big family but 18+ is just ridiculous!

And how much 1 on 1 time can you give your kids when you have 18 or more? Its seriously depriving their children of essential time. Not to mention the fact that the oldest kids always have to watch the youngest ones. I wonder how much Michelle, the mother, does. The kids have "jurisdictions" which are like chores. But they like clean the parents room and do the cooking and do the laundry. Does Michelle do anything besides pop out babies? That goes for Jim-Bob as well, what do you get the fun part? Don't get me wrong, obviously they are good parents. 17 children and they all seem pretty well behaved. But something just isn't right with this family!

Ugh okay they are like word vomit to me and I could go on and on, the names- OH the names! "J" seriously? There are only so many... The dating practices- don't get me started!! And so so much more. But for now I leave you with that. The craziness that is the Duggars!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We definitely have the same computer. Pink Sony Vaio I'm assuming? I got mine in August. You're gonna love it.

-Laura

Colleen said...

Actually Laura its a Pink Dell! Loooove it.

Young Love said...

I'm so with you on the Duggars! I saw the one the other night where the oldest son proposed to his girlfriend(ish). I think it's crazy that they will do no more than hold hands until they're married. I can understand not having sex until your married, but not even kissing!