Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gimme Gimme!

Our world has turned into a society of people walking around with their hands out. I shit you not. When did it become acceptable to take things we don't need, just because they are free. I understand that sometimes there is a dire need for things that we simply cannot afford. I understand the need of some people on Medical. I understand some people on disability. I understand some people on unemployment. What I don't get is the people who don't need it. Do they realize that they are taking it from someone who has a true need? NO because they are selfish. They don't care about anyone but themselves.
We no longer live in a society where we do what we can for ourselves. We live in a society where we want to see what society can do for us. And what if it isn't enough? They whine and bitch about it. Like we owe them or something. I never knew people deserve to get paid for sitting on their asses. I wish life was that easy. Some of us go to work for our money. I even go to work for my money and I still am poorer than dirt. So why did I see someone who I knew was on medical the other day, driving a camero? How fair is that? It sent me into a fit of rage.
I make very little money. I survive. I have an apartment (yes it is practically free, but I still pay to live here) I have a car, and I have insurance. I don't live in low income housing. I am not on medi-cal or medicare. Because I don't need it. I get by.
I am not bashing on those people who truly need it. Those who have tried and the system has failed. I understand, shit happens. But when you can afford a house and a camero, and you can go out to eat- don't take public handouts. That's just trashy.
Oh and another thing. If you are on food stamps, what in living HELL are you doing buying pizza and donuts and candy and soda? Shouldn't you worry about eating something GOOD with some nutritional value to it. I mean you can't afford to buy it. So why should we pay for it? If I know someone isn't getting to eat, I'm gonna make sure they eat the right stuff before the wrong. Just a thought...

No comments: