Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's not my problem anymore

I am a conservative. I am very conservative. Don't mistake it for being a goody goody (it happens). But its more traditional than that for me. I believe things should always be traditional.

Yesterday was the end of George W. Bush's presidency and I will admit, I am sad to see him go. I always felt comfortable with him in power. I know start the gasps. But he ALWAYS gave the military significant pay raises, and he made sure they were taken care of. A new presidency leaves me unsure. While many are screaming HOPE, how do we know? Anyone can promise hope. But can he actually deliver? Time will tell.

What is driving me nuts is that so many people are comparing Obama to Lincoln and JFK and all he has done is get elected. I was reading a Fox News article about it yesterday. We have been in worse economic times. But do I wish for good things. Of course I do. Who wouldn't. But time will only tell. And while everyone reveled yesterday, did they really understand that he is not a saint. He is not God. He hasn't done anything for us yet. He may end up doing WORSE than W. Who knows.

But I can tell you that if I was Former President Bush yesterday, my first thought when I got home to Texas last night and sat on my own couch would be "It's not my problem anymore."

No comments: