Monday, January 26, 2009

A letter to the MC

To: Quantico MCB
CC: Marine Corps
Subject: My friend

Dear Marine Corps;
I know you think you are wicked awesome. And most of the time you are. You keep us safe and blah blah. But here's the thing, you took my friend away at the beginning of the month. You have no idea what that has done to me. When I married into the Marine Corps, I knew what I was getting into. I knew this would happen eventually. I always thought it would be us who moved. But Chris and I are no longer married, so newsflash to you- You DON'T run my life anymore! So give me my friend back. Please?
I've had some pretty rough days of late. I need some wine. But not just any wine. The wine that brings somersaults on. The wine that causes you to dance with the guitar hero guitar. That can only be brought on when Hannah is around.
I already blame you for taking my husband to Iraq that second time. And putting that stupid whore there with him. And I also blame you for allowing them to cohabit. Because really, I thought that was against the rules. It was the one thing I wasn't afraid about. Apparently you are a liar. I really don't need anymore reason not to like you.
Don't get me wrong, you've given me the K's. They are amazing friends. But Sean is going active, and you might take them away as well. If you do that, I will really really hate you. With as much of my soul as it is humanly possible.
Sincerely,
A very angry woman.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

no no no no no no no! The marine corps will not take us away from you! my life would totally suck if i wasn't near you =(